Hi, I’m Teresa Carey.
I’m an award-winning filmmaker, podcast producer, and journalist, seeking stories that draw on the intersection of science, culture, and heart.
Here are some things that are currently keeping me busy:
- I’m a National Geographic Explorer investigating the relationship between traditional wisdom and sea turtle conservation.
- I’m the host and senior producer for Podnosis with Fierce Healthcare. It is a finalist in two categories including the Best Podcast 2023 with The Folio: Eddie & Ozzie Awards.
- I’m the host and senior producer for The Top Line, a weekly news podcast with Fierce Biotech. It is also a 2023 finalist with The Folio: Eddie & Ozzie Awards.
- My work can be seen on air and in print at outlets like WHYY The Pulse, Buzzfeed, NPR Weekend Edition, and PBS NewsHour. My work for Scientific American was selected for the Covering Climate Now Journalism awards.
- I am a U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain and the managing owner of Morse Alpha Expeditions.
I am the National Association of Science Writers Information Access Committee Chair.
- I study dance and circus acrobatics and am launching the Open Book Dance Collective on the coast of Maine.
Here are some of my favorites:
Black communities have been left behind on solar energy. These women are changing that.
WHYY The Pulse
Startup offers genetic testing that promises to predict healthiest embryo
Our Body Politic
Women of color leading the charge toward workplace equity.
Teresa Carey, Host and Senior Producer of Podnosis talks with Daniel Vukelich about how reprocessing medical supplies can reduce waste.
Don’t Be Shy
Drop me a line anytime, and I’ll respond to you as soon as possible.