Hi, I’m Teresa Carey.
I’m an award-winning filmmaker, podcast producer, and science journalist, seeking stories that draw on the intersection of science, culture, and heart.
Here are some things that are currently keeping me busy:
- I’m a National Geographic Explorer investigating the relationship between traditional wisdom and sea turtle conservation.
- I’m the senior producer for The Top Line, an upcoming weekly news podcast with Fierce Biotech.
- I host Technoptimist Radio with Next Wave Radio, and co-host The Morning Muster.
- I cover genetics and the climate. My work can be seen on air and in print at Buzzfeed, NPR Weekend Edition, Smithsonian Magazine, PBS NewsHour, and more.
- I am a U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain and the managing owner of Morse Alpha Expeditions.
I am the Chair of the National Association of Science Writers Information Access Committee.
- I study dance and circus acrobatics.
NPR Weekend Edition
The ‘Angels’ Of The Appalachian Trail
How Women are Leading the Charge to Recycle Whole Houses
Should we genetically engineer carbon-hungry trees?
Scientific American 60 Second Science Podcast
Beethoven’s Unfinished 10th Symphony Brought to Life by Artificial Intelligence
Don’t Be Shy
Drop me a line anytime, and I’ll respond to you as soon as possible.