Hi, I’m Teresa Carey.
I’m an award-winning filmmaker, podcast producer, and science journalist, seeking stories that draw on the intersection of science, culture, and heart.
Here are some things that are currently keeping me busy:
- I’m a National Geographic Explorer investigating the relationship between traditional wisdom and sea turtle conservation.
- I’m the senior producer for Podnosis with Fierce Healthcare, and The Top Line, a weekly news podcast with Fierce Biotech. It was selected as a finalist and honorable mention for the best B2B podcast with the Eddie & Ozzie awards. I’m also a part-time producer with Our Body Politic.
- I host Technoptimist Radio with Next Wave Radio, and co-host The Morning Muster.
- I cover genetics and the climate. My work can be seen on air and in print at WHYY The Pulse, Buzzfeed, NPR Weekend Edition, Smithsonian Magazine, PBS NewsHour, and more. My work was selected for the Covering Climate Now Journalism awards.
- I am a U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain and the managing owner of Morse Alpha Expeditions.
I am the Chair of the National Association of Science Writers Information Access Committee.
- I study dance and circus acrobatics.
NPR Weekend Edition
The ‘Angels’ Of The Appalachian Trail
How Women are Leading the Charge to Recycle Whole Houses
WHYY The Pulse
Startup offers genetic testing that promises to predict healthiest embryo
Scientific American 60 Second Science Podcast
Beethoven’s Unfinished 10th Symphony Brought to Life by Artificial Intelligence
Don’t Be Shy
Drop me a line anytime, and I’ll respond to you as soon as possible.